Sunday, April 28, 2013

informal letter to friends and family

Samples of informal letters which are written in English. Wish it could help !! . You are advised to modify this letter to be suitable for your purpose

Example 1: Sample informal letter to friend

22, Green street
Preston
Lancashire,
Pr5 4BB
20 July 2012

Dear Peter
My name is Andy and I am 9 years old. I live in Preston with my mum, dad and brother.

We have 2 cats. They are called Bubble and Squeak. Do you have any pets? Bubble likes to hunt. He is always bringing home birds and mice!

My favorite hobby is music. I play the piano and violin. I also like reading and films.

I hope you will write to me soon
Andy

Example 2: Sample informal letter to sister


Dear Mimi,
How are you my dear sister? I hope you are fine. Don't worry about me; I am very fine. I am now a very strong young man you know. How are those wonderful brothers of mine? Pass them my greetings.

I received you letter. Thanks a million for writing. The brothers and sisters in my congregation are fine. I am only sorry to heat that Br. Banda is still sick. I hope he will recover soon.

My journey back here was fine, though it was  quite a long one. I wanted to travel by CR bus but guess what; all the wretched buses wee full so I had no choice but to travel by a small Rosa bus. The journey took seven hours. \By the time we reached, my legs were tired and my bottom was severely sore, ugh! Next time, I promise , I'm not gonna use one of 'em tiny buses!

I am glad you have a new literature teacher. Work very hard Mariam, I know you can do it. Follow that plan I gave you and put your heart to it, You will be successful . I am glad you are Liberian. Did I tell you what that I am librarian to, eh?

Finally Mariam, I would like to wish you all the best in your studies and all your endeavors. Don't forget God. I love you and miss you; can't wait see you again..

Take care
Michael

P.S please reply

Example 3: Sample informal letter from Alice to his friends

22 Green Street
London
WI B BDH
Phone 07 1021531

10 January 2013

Dear John and Ann
Thanks a lot for great weekend we really enjoyed ourselves
Bill and I were talking about holidays. We thought it might be nice to go camping in Scotland for a couple of weeks. Are you interested? Let me know if you are, and we can take about days

See you soon I hope. Thanks again

Love
Alice

PS Did I leave a pair of jeans behind in my bedroom? if so, do you think you could send them on?

Related searches: Free inform letter to friend, letter to, informal letter to a friend about new school, informal letter to a friend about holiday, giving advice to friend, letter to a family member

33 comments:

  1. i love example 2
    read it now please

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,need help please...How to reply this letter?she say how about going to the cinema tonight? There's a good horror film and sci-fi.which one do you prefer?what time?Reply soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this example but can't you give another examoles for informal lette plese,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four words. You are awesome dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these simple with us. this really help me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love example 2,it is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. this really helped me

    ReplyDelete
  8. example 2 is awesome. thanks to u

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank your examples are good

    ReplyDelete
  10. example 2 is great love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every thing is awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the examples were helpful. can u check one of my letters to???? correction???
    dear amy,
    thank you a lot for your last letter. it was a great surpriseto hear from you.i am sorry i havent written to you earler as i was just preparing for my exams.
    amy!!!!!!!!! do you know that are exams are finally over and holidays have arrived.i am exicted and now busy making plans about the holidays.in your last letter you were asking about the plans i am sorry i havent came up with a plan yet.
    anyways inform me of your plans so that i can come up with a good plan too.do write back soon.
    loads of love
    Rumi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's correct but with some spelling mistakes.

      Delete
    2. such as 'excited' is misspelt as 'exicted'

      Delete
  13. these letters sure helped me in my work

    ReplyDelete
  14. it really help me allot for my
    revisions////////

    ReplyDelete
  15. It Really Helps To Improve My Grammar And English language

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the examples are nice

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is difference between formal invitation and informal invitation? Thank you before

    ReplyDelete
  19. in EXAMPLE 2- "I received you letter." Such perfect English

    ReplyDelete
  20. how to write this letter? the title is : your friend who lives in another country has a weight problem . She is determined to lose weight . In her letter , she asked you for some advice on how to lose weight . Write a reply to her letter . Reply pls ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. not very usefull

    ReplyDelete
  22. ya i didt like it a lot
    its boring

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wonder about that example 2 is that written and lettering with his girlfriend ? or it's just my opinion ughh..

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you for this example

    ReplyDelete
  25. i won`t say it good nor bad . okay . it´s boring. improve the quality

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really helping me with my Anglia exam, thank you!

    ReplyDelete