Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cover Letter Mentioning Job Referral from Someone

Here's how to mention a contact who referred you to a job in your cover letter. In a way its networking and creating credibility at the same time. Most companies have employee referral programs and referrals may be done by colleagues, friends, business contacts. So learn by example:

Dear Mr. Berendt,

I received your name from Ms. Evans of Wharton Electric a few days ago. I spoke to her regarding possible career opportunities with Meyers Consulting Services and she suggested getting in touch with you. She assured me that she would forward my resume to you; In case she hasn’t yet, I am sending you my CV.

Your recent acquisition of Wharton Software would indicate your intent to pursue market opportunities in the technology field. I believe my technical and management background in software consulting and programming would complement your long term plans in such a dynamic industry. With the shortage of qualified personnel in the Southeastern area, it is my thought that you would be interested in my qualifications, please see enclosed resume.

I would very much like to discuss career opportunities with Meyers Consulting Services. Should any question arise regarding any information on my resume, please do not hesitate to contact me through my contact details.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,
Oliver Spurgen

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment