Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cover letter for psychology internship

We heave here a sample cover letter for Psychology Intern. You have to make required modifications to this letter to be useful for your purpose.

7896 Heart Court ~ Maple Tree, CA ~ Cell (123) 456-7890 ~email@pepperdine.edu

November 1, 2011

Dr. Gregory Rivera
Pepperdine Community Counseling Clinic
6100 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045

 Dear Dr. Rivera:

It is with great pleasure that I submit this formal letter of interest for the Marriage and Family Therapist Intern position offered at your clinic. In speaking with Julia Gulia, Clinical Training Coordinator at Pepperdine  University, about my interests in the field of psychology, she highly recommended that I further my experience at Pepperdine Community Counseling Clinic. As you will see from my attached resume, I am a graduate of the  MFT program at Pepperdine University’s Graduate School of Education and Psychology.

My experience working at New Directions for Youth afforded me the opportunity to develop new therapeutic  skills and expand on personal attributes vital to the therapeutic process. I have a strong work ethic and am self-motivated, intuitive and organized. I have a positive attitude, and most importantly, great interpersonal and
communication skills. My position with New Directions for Youth enabled me to interact with and assist at-risk   youth through individual, family, and group counseling on issues ranging from depression and anger  management to interpersonal relationship difficulties and substance abuse. By facilitating gang prevention and parenting groups, I developed skills in being a supportive, empathic, and efficient leader. Furthermore, my experiences volunteering for a variety of mentorship and tutoring agencies have instilled in me the desire to give back to the community. Specifically, I have become more adept at interacting with clients from a variety of backgrounds and have developed a passion for helping clientele that might not otherwise have access to therapeutic services except through a community agency.

I believe working at the Pepperdine Community Counseling Clinic will be a great opportunity to contribute my counseling skills while building upon my experience with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. I am dedicated to fostering a safe environment and working with each individual to develop customized plans to improve their quality of life.

I believe that I have the professional and personal characteristics to be a successful contributor and team member at the Pepperdine Community Counseling Clinic. I welcome the opportunity to discuss my  qualifications with you in person. If you have any questions or require any additional information, please feel free to contact me at (123) 456-7890 or email@pepperdine.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
John P. Covletter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related searches: how to write cover letter for psychology research assistant, cover letter example for psychologist position, cover letter template for psychology practicum

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment