Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cover Letter for Intern position

Dear [Name]:

I read your advertisement in the [newspaper ad] with great interest, as I believe I am a well qualified candidate for the position of [position] with the firm of [company].

As a research intern at [company], I developed a working knowledge of a data facility and completed several independent research projects. I attended scientific proceedings and observed the implementation of data research in a clinical trial setting. In addition, I assisted a head researcher with several statistical searches on pharmaceuticals. I am confident that this experience, along with my excellent college education in the field of biology, would enable me to be an effective research assistant with your company.

You stated in your advertisement that you are seeking someone with strong organizational, communication, and office skills. As you can see on my resume, I have held several positions which demonstrate my command of these skills. While working at [company] for two summers, I assisted several account executives in the area of employer benefits with correspondence, filing and light bookkeeping. I also worked very closely with the Coordinator of Lab Reports by typing, photocopying and preparing the lab reports for distribution to clinics.

I developed strong interpersonal skills while working in a professional office at the University. As a career intern, I worked with my peers on all aspects of the job search. I helped students write resumes and cover letters, conducted practice interviews and workshops, and assisted with career research. This experience has allowed me to work with a diverse clientele, sometimes under difficult circumstances. Thus, in addition to providing competent research assistance, I am confident I would work well with your clients and staff.

As I plan to move to [place] immediately upon graduation, I will be available for an interview any time after [date]. I will contact you next week to discuss the possibility of interviewing for a research assistant position with your firm.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at [number] or by email at [insert email]

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment